Wednesday 28 November 2012

PRINCE

On May 14 I was lucky enough to go and see Prince in his Welcome to Australia Tour.  Thank you very much to my ex brother in law who invited me to go along as he had a spare ticket. 



All day at work I was so excited that I was going to see PRINCE.  I saw him about 20 years ago and he was amazing, sadly I missed out on his last tour as I was heavily pregnant with Christian.  I listened to his CD's all day at work.  The doors opened at 6.30 for an 8.00pm start.  I arrived at about 4pm to ensure that I got a good car park as there was also an AFL game being played the same night at the MCG.  I sat in my car for about an hour listening to PRINCE as I waited for Peter to arrive.  I started my car a few times to heat the inside of the car as it was only 12 degrees outside and falling. When Pete arrived he  jumped into my car as we passed the time waiting for the doors to open.  Pete said to me oh my butt is nice and warm, are your seats heated?  The next thing you know the music stops.  CRAP I had given myself a flat battery.  It was about 5pm and peak hour traffic was beginning.  We waited for about 15 mins to see if the battery would recover.  I turned the key and NOTHING!  I called the RACV and they said they would be there within 20 mins (thank goodness (they can take up to 2 hours)- I couldn't miss PRINCE).  We caused peak hour chaos as my car was parked on a busy 1 lane road, so the RACV van double parked next to me blocking the one lane of traffic.  I explained what had happened, and he said I can jump start your car now, however when you come out at midnight you will need to call us again........or you can replace the battery.  I decided with winter coming it was going to be safer to replace the battery.  He then said to me that the battery van would be over an hour......I started panicking that I was going to miss Prince.  After ordering the battery van he said they will be here in 10 minutes. PHEW!!!!  We again caused peak hour chaos, but I didn't care... $173.00 later we could now head over to the concert.

There were people everywhere dressed up in Purple and looking funky.  The excitement continued to build.  We cued up to get in.  Finally they opened the doors.  Peter and I headed straight to the hot food as we were both hungry and cold.  We then went in to check out our seats and they were pretty awesome.  We were 16 rows from the front.

The concert was absolutely amazing and I am so grateful that I got to see such a talented, awesome and funky performer.




No comments:

Post a Comment