Wednesday 28 November 2012

Our new paradise

Well it FINALLY happened......


After years and years of dreaming of living in the country and spending endless weekends of looking for acreage, we decided to put in an offer subject to the sale of our house.  And as you can see from the above photo.......Our house sold!

We had to sell a lot cheaper than what we wanted, but we now have a piece of paradise....Infact 19 acres of paradise.

The house we bought needs a lot of work, but the views definately make up for it.



I feel like a different person since moving.  Everymorning I wake to the sound of the most beautiful birds singing.  Just the other morning there were 6 kangaroos hopping past in my front yard.

Eventually I want to grow my own fruit and veg and also have chickens.  I am also desperate to get a horse.  Unfortuantely all of the just mentioned are on hold until after we have fixed up the house.

The weekend we moved in, we realised that the septic was full, so I had to call the "Turd Burglar".



Sofar we have painted the bedrooms and living area and have beautiful new carpet in the bedrooms.  We have rebuilt the deck outside which is HUGE.  And we still need to put in one bathroom, lights, aircon and re vamp the kitchen.  It will be a while until it is finished, but sofar I am LOVING country living.

8 comments:

  1. oh wow Em!! That's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - it is something we have always wanted to do.....But a whole heap of work to do.

      Delete
  2. How nice to live your dream. Country life has to be the most relaxing I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lotti, It truley is so relaxing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! The view outside your new home is spectacular! I would gladly sell my house too, if I can wake up and see that every day! Congratulations, by the way, for finally being able to sell your home. How’s the home renovation? Have you fixed/installed an HVAC system? Hope you did because the cold season’s here! Hope to see updates and photos of your new home! I bet it’ll be terrific!

    Georgia Fuller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia, yes I do enjoy waking up to the view and the sounds of the beautiful bird noises every morning. It makes living in a renovators delight worth it. The reno's are coming along slowly. There is a brand new fan in the roof which has never been connected and it is connected to ducts to all the bedrooms. A vent is in front of the wood burner which sucks the heat out and distributes it through the ducts. We need to replace the old wood burner that is currently there as it gives off a bad smell. I have already picked out the wood burner and are looking forward to winter as it will be nice and toasty. I will blog again soon about the house and hopefully will be able to upload some pics.

      Delete
  5. Replacing your old burner with a better one is indeed a great idea. You really need to ensure that you’ll be getting enough heat for your house the winter. It’s important that you keep yourself warm to prevent you from getting the chills.

    Darryl Iorio

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never like the idea of “moving” but with that view, well, I can consider it! Anyway, I agree with Darryl, you need to ensure that your HVAC is in good condition all the time. Good luck with the renovations!

    -Mignon Her

    ReplyDelete