Tuesday 23 April 2013

Christian is HOOKED

Since getting back from Easter holidays when I took Christian horse riding for the first time, he has done nothing but bug me about riding again.  So I asked around for a good riding instructor in the area.  I was referred onto a FANTASTIC intructor so I booked him in for a 2 hour lesson. 

His lesson was booked for 3 in the afternoon and all day he kept asking me what time it was.  He was obviously looking forward to it.  The lady that referred me is Christian's old best friend from school who he hasn't seen for ages.  He asked me if Huey was going to be there, and I said no bub this lesson is for you.

His lesson would consist of learning how to catch a pony, take the rug off, brush, clean the hooves and tack up, followed by an hour's lesson.

We arrived at the most beautiful property and we were both excited.  Him because he would be riding and me because I would be around horses.

Bec his instructor was lovely, very kind, gentle and welcoming and fantastic with kids.  She had organised a special surprise for Christian - she has organised for Huey to take part in the first part of the lesson.  Huey was on his way with his own pony.

Christian mounting Tilly, who is such a gorgeous pony :)

Christian listening carefully to instructions
 
 

Christian trotting over poles.  So very proud of him :)

Christian did so well and I am so proud of him and his teacher Bec is AMAZING.  After the lesson Christian had to take the tack of Tilly and put her halter and rug back on ready to turn out into the paddock.  Tilly also go a special treat from Christian.


Christian leading Tilly to her paddock

After it had all finished, the first thing Christian said is "can we please come back tomorrow Mum?"  I think he is hooked!.. I have booked him in again for Saturday morning.


Christian and sweet little Bluebell
 
Christian's friend Huey on Bluebell
 
I am now on the hunt for a horse for myself and if Christian keeps up with lesson's I have told him we will start looking for a pony for him in about 6 months time.
 

1 comment: