Tuesday 23 April 2013

Childhood passion revisited

As a young girl I was obsessed with horses.  I started riding at the age of 4 years old and rode every weekend and school holidays for about 15 years.

Now that we have moved onto acreage, it is finally time to think about getting back into the saddle.

I would love it soooooo much if Christian shared my love and passion of horses.

Over the Easter school holidays whilst we were away at Swan Bay, I asked Christian if he would like to learn to ride and he replied with an excited yes and said that he would like to own a pony.  So I booked him into a learn to ride program, in which he would learn about caring for a horse and a lesson.

I knew I would not be able to watch him with horses and not join in, so I booked myself in to join their trail ride.



Christian learnt how to brush a horse, tack up and most importantly pick up poo



 

Christian leading out cloud


 Me and Molly
 
 
Christian riding Cloud
 
 
The trail ride was very boring for me as it was all beginners and I had to hang behind on my own to be able to trot and canter.  It was so lovely to see Christian on a horse. 
 
We were all a bit sore the next day but it was well worth it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment